SUPPORT FOR YOUR FAMILY
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
For those who qualify, Medicaid waivers and other assistance may be available to help families in need of additional support services for their child(ren) with special needs.
- The BDDS provides services for individuals with developmental disabilities to ensure they can live as independently as possible in their communities. This includes assistance in receiving community supports and residential services using person-centered plans that determine which services are needed.
- Medicaid waivers are available to those who qualify:
- Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver (CIH): This waiver provides Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) to participants in a range of community settings as an alternative to care in an intermediate care facility for individuals with developmental disabilities (ICF/IID) or related conditions.
- Family Supports Waiver (FSW): This waiver provides Medicaid HCBS waiver services to participants in a range of community settings as an alternative to care in an intermediate care facility individuals with developmental disabilities (ICF/IID) or related conditions.
- Supervised Group Living (SGL): A group home or Supervised Group Living (SGL) is a residential option and alternative to waiver placements for eligible individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities needing services.
- Vocational Rehabilitation provides a variety of services related to job training and employability skills for adults and high school students with special needs.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR) provide support for people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain, or retain employment. The individual works closely with a VR counselor throughout the process. With active participation in the rehabilitation, people with disabilities achieve greater independence in their work and living environments.
- For transportation assistance to and from school, the following outside resources are available:
- For information on bullying prevention and reporting, please click here.